An air winch is a lifting or pulling device powered by a pneumatic motor. It does this through compressed air being fed into a motor drive. The air initiates the drive motor, which in turn makes the cable drum spin, supplying a steady force capable of lifting heavy loads.
The benefit of using an air winch is it can offer a lot of lifting force without consuming a ton of electricity. It differs from an electric winch through this design, which uses electricity to primarily power it instead. It can also be utilised in more remote areas where access to electricity is limited. By not using electricity, the winch is spark-proof, enabling it to be used in hazardous and difficult environments. This can include construction, mining, oil, gas, and chemical facilities.
- Automatic lifting brakes
- Easy to service, repair and maintain
- High capacities of up to 10,000kg
- Manual brake tuggers
- Man-riding winches
- No unlimited duty cycle
- Simple, robust and reliable
- Suitable in hazardous and difficult environments
- Variable speed control
Our air winches are perfect for offshore & rig installations, marine & shipping applications, oil & gas hazardous environment applications and 4, 6 & 8 point mooring systems. We stock a few different models each with various specifications:
- 150kg – 1500kg Air Winches
- 2 Tonne Air Winch: Dimensions – 1250 x 610 x 722, Rated Capacity – Top Layer 2T, Gross Weight – 386kg, Rope Capacity – 430m x 13mm, Drum Size – 12” or 24”, Option – Man Riding
- 2.5 Tonne Air Winch: Dimensions – 1392 x 610 x 839, Rated Capacity – Top Layer 2.27T, Gross Weight – 481kg, Rope Capacity – 255m x 16mm, Option – Man Riding
- 5 Tonne Air Winch: Dimensions – 1742 x 889 x 928, Rated Capacity – Top Layer 5T, Gross Weight – 849kg, Rope Capacity – 410m x 19mm
- 10 Tonne Air Winch: Dimensions – 1615 x 1179 x 1213, Rated Capacity – Top Layer 10T, Gross Weight – 1451kg, Rope Capacity – 377m x 28mm
So get in touch today by calling 01899 221 577 (Scotland) or 01371 859 555 (Essex) to talk to one of our friendly and expert staff about your requirements. Atlas Winch & Hoist Services Ltd are a family run business with years of experience in the winch and lifting equipment industry, able to offer our expertise and a straightforward way of doing business.
We don’t just stock air winches, with a range of products for all your lifting needs. This includes diesel, electric & hydraulic winches, mooring & rigging equipment, hydraulic power units, hoists and spoolers. Visit our website now to view our full range of new and used products available to buy or rent for affordable prices.