At Atlas Winch & Hoist Services, we’re a family-owned, family-run business that has been in the winch game for decades. With the Lavery brothers of Denis and Anton firmly at the helm, at Atlas Winch & Hoist Services, we have made an art of delivering specialised and comprehensive winch solutions with excellent customer service to boot.
It is for this reason that the folks at Maritech consulted Atlas Winch & Hoist Services for a shore-based cable pull-in project, based in Endrup, Denmark. Read on to find out more about this case study and how Atlas Winch & Hoist Services helped.
Atlas Winch & Hoist Services were contacted by Maritech to supply cable pulling equipment for the exciting Cobra Interconnector HV Project. As a winch cable hire and load monitoring company with worldwide coverage, we travelled to the site in Endrup, Denmark, and said “Hej” to the team at Maritech, ready for the project to get underway.
- 1 x 30 Tonne Hydraulic Drum Winch
- 1 x DHP230 Diesel HPU
- 1 x 15 Tonne Twin Tracked Tensioner
- 1 x 10 Tonne Universal Deck Capstan
- 1 x Running Line Monitor c/w Display
- 1 x Winch Operator/Engineer
For this project, the plan was to use Atlas’ specialist equipment onshore to pull a 1,500m long subsea power cable ashore from the pipe-laying barge.
- To do this, the winch was positioned around 150m from the shoreline, with a large excavator used to secure the winch firmly in position.
- The 15 Tonne Tensioner was used on the barge to help deploy the winch cable effectively.
- Along with the extensive equipment, Atlas provided the project with an experienced winch operator to undertake the project.
- Our operator carefully controlled the speed of the winch cable, simultaneously using a Load Monitoring SYstem to analyse the line pull on the cable during the procedure.
The project was a success, and it was smiles all round as the Cobra Interconnector HV Project went onto to its next stage.
This is only one example of Atlas Winch & Hoist Services’ dedication to providing comprehensive winch cable equipment and Load Monitoring services. Whether you’re based in the UK or somewhere else in the world, we can handle projects of varying size, scale, and complexity, with an array of winch cable and Load Monitoring equipment available.
Whether in the construction, oil, gas, or engineering industries, our experienced team will provide detailed rigging, lifting, and pulling solutions for your project. With a well-established reputation for using high-quality equipment for effective lifting solutions, Atlas Winch & Hoist Services are here to help.
Get in touch with us today.